Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I'm not a big New Years Resolution person. The few times I've tried it, I forget about them by March. Perhaps if I write these down I'll stick to them.
I don't have anything earth shattering in mind. In the coming year, I plan on attending church more often. That shouldn't be too hard to do.
I plan to be more diligent with my fiction writing. It's hard to balance my hobby writing with my real-job writing. I have to figure out a way to do both without burning myself out on the keyboard.
This brings me to my next goal. I plan to be more aggressive in shopping my work to agents and publishers. Perhaps it's a lack of self-confidence or just being lazy, but I haven't put forth nearly enough effort in getting my stuff seen. That will change in 2012.
I plan to focus more on my health. I've been doing the walking thing for a few months and I'll keep that up. I'd like to turn that up a notch in the coming year.
Finally, I plan to be a nicer person. I plan to listen more and talk less. I plan to say "thank you" more often.
Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment