Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WAC Player of the Week

It seems as though I'm whining a lot about local basketball. I must admit, I'm frustrated.
But, here's something I'm not complaining about - how about Whitney Frazier?
The freshman from El Dorado was named Player of the Week for the Western Athletic Conference after scoring 20 points in a win over Tennessee Tech (coached by Waldo native Sytia Messer).
While I didn't predict Whitney would win WAC Player of the Week honors this season, I felt she'd have an immediate impact at Louisiana Tech. Of the three area girls signed by Teresa Weatherspoon, Whitney was clearly the most ready for the college game.
Bigger and better things are ahead for Whitney, who showed an incredible amount of growth and maturity between her junior and senior years of high school. Don't be surprised if, before she leaves Ruston, WAC Player of the Week doesn't turn into WAC Player of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment