Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to Fantasy Island

Since I didn't see this in the El Dorado News-Times (for some reason) I'd like to announce in this space that the Birds of Prey, coached by yours truly, won the championship this week in the Southside of Hell ESPN Fantasy Football League.
The week before, the Black Widows, coached by yours truly, won the championship in the Southern Comfort Fantasy Football League.
These were the only two leagues in which I participated.
I won them both.
Yes, I am THAT good.
Those who think Fantasy Football is more luck than skill, EAT IT!
Was it luck that I picked Cam Newton with the last pick in both drafts?
Was it luck when I smartly plucked Reggie Bush from the waiver wire after he was discarded by another coach?
Was it luck when I picked up C.J. Spiller off the waiver wire late in the season?
Was it luck when I benched Jermichael Finley in favor of Hernandez last week?
Okay, there was a tinge of luck in that substitution but also some gut instincts.
I certainly wasn't lucky when all of my running backs missed most of the season with injuries. There's nothing lucky about Dwayne Bowe, who might catch 7 passes for 150 yards or 1 pass for 5 yards.
Face it folks, I am the man. I've proven it not once but twice.
That ain't no Fantasy. That's REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment