Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Twitter ... for now

Between Twitter and Facebook, I have to remind myself to update this blog. It sometimes gets lost in the shuffle.
There's so much going on in the national sports scene. I just don't want to write about it.
The whole Penn State mess? I guess this is what happens when you treat football coaches like Gods.
The Syracuse crap? I honestly don't think Jim Boeheim had any idea. Why would he be so defiant initially if he knew his long-time friend was doing something so heinous?
Tim Tebow? That question is tougher to answer than the meaning of life. I watched my Raiders get Tebow-ed. It wasn't so much what he did. The Raiders, almost literally, gave the game away with stupid penalties and just horrible play in the second half. Watching this guy win games is baffling. I swear, he's not any good. How the hell is he winning? This could go down with the pyramids as one of the world's great mysteries.
LSU vs. Alabama for the national championship? They're by far the two best teams. Of course they should play again. People who say otherwise are just jealous or angry about the success of the SEC.
I'm also sick of people griping about how boring the first game was. It wasn't boring. It was football. I'd rather watch a game where every yard on the field is contested than one of those Big 12 7-on-7 flag football, arena league, no-defense playing pieces of garbage. When a team lines up in the shotgun on fourth-and-goal from the 1, that ain't football.
NBA lockout is over? Who cares? Actually, I'm a little bummed about it. I was hoping those ignorant suckers would miss the entire season. Billionaires arguing over money while regular folks struggle to keep their lights turned on? Screw 'em all.
On a lighter note, I finished the first draft of "Culled."
The first few chapters drag and I have to revise it. That's why I haven't sent out more copies, yet. I got a good review from my friend Marandalynn, though. She gave me some great insight and brought up some valid points - both positive and negative.
I have three more copies out being read. Interested in getting more feedback.
I have to admit, Marandalynn has given me a boost of confidence. She's the first person to read it and, since this is different from the other things I've written, I was very nervous when she called. She said she thinks it's the best thing I've written so far, which is a big relief.
Thanks Maranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment