Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First time, good time

There can only be one first time and whether it’s good or bad, it will always be remembered.
Union County’s trio of Kanedria Andrews, Whitney Frazier and Savanna Langston all played their first-ever collegiate game Monday as Louisiana Tech pounded UA-Monticello in an exhibition at the Thomas Assembly Center in Ruston.
Via Facebook, they all said it was a positive experience.
“My first game was exciting and had me very nervous,” said Frazier, who scored 18 points with five rebounds in 27 minutes. “I think I did pretty okay for it to be my first college game. But, I could’ve rebounded better.”
Langston scored three points with six rebounds and two blocked shots in 22 minutes.
“Oh, it was great,” she said. “I was so nervous, though. But, it was so much fun.”
Andrews recorded three rebounds and two assists in 16 minutes of action.
“Before the game started, I was nervous, sweating bullets,” she said. “But, once I got out there, I think I played good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment