Thursday, January 26, 2012

Football recruiting just feels right

At the risk of seeping into full-fledged sports geekdom, I must admit I'm really getting into the college football recruiting scene. It certainly helps that we have so many outstanding high school seniors in our area this season.
I'm also excited about Arkansas, which is being considered by a couple highly-touted five-star caliber athletes. I have to be honest, February 1st can't get here soon enough for me.
How excited am I?
I actually spent time on the interent looking up recruiting information. I've been known to use the internet for a lot of things but reading about high school kids has never been one of them.
Anyway, it turns out the Golden Triangle has three of the most highly thought of student-athletes in the state. Only one of them, Bearden's Defonta Lowe, is going to be a Razorback.
Lowe is ranked the 76th best prospect as an athlete by ESPN.
Strong's Kenneth Dixon, who has committed to Louisiana Tech, is ranked the 64th best running back nationally.
Smackover's Jeff Savage, who has committed to Louisiana-Monroe, is ranked the 93rd best defensive tackle nationally.
All three kids are considered three-star recruits.
Before you start in on me, I understand these recruiting services don't mean a doggone thing. A five-star can flame out and a no-star can be a first-round draft pick in the NFL.
But, it's still kind of fun just the same. Like I said, I feel a little nerdy sifting giddily through this stuff. I guess it's better than some of the other stuff I've sifted through on the internet.
Now that I think about it ... I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment