Monday, September 6, 2010

Good job, bro

Probably one of my favorite moments in Friday's football season opener came late in the fourth quarter. Senior quarterback Taylor Reed looked to his left and began to trot toward the El Dorado sideline.
Halfway there, he slapped hands with sophomore Lucas Reed, who ran onto the field to take his place.
Some people noticed. Most probably didn't. But, I thought it was pretty nice to see big brother perhaps pass the torch to his younger sibling.
Who knows if that was really the case, actually as the youngsters' father - head coach Scott Reed - has other options from which to choose at quarterback next season. But, the brothers had discussed the situation before the season even started.
"We were talking earlier and my dad and my mom were asking him about this year," Taylor told me during the preseason. "Lucas - I heard him in the other room and he was yelling, 'throw some points on the board and run up the score so I can get in.' That's what he's going for. He's wanting us to run up the score so he can get some shots in. So, that's my job."
Taylor completed 12 of 20 passes for 207 yards and three touchdowns in the Wildcats' 43-13 win over Camden Fairview.
I'm sure Lucas would be the first to tell his big bro, "job well done."

No comments:

Post a Comment