Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic break

Trying to get into the Olympics. It's not easy because I don't have the primary NBC station on my satellite. I've missed all of glamour events, swimming and gymnastics, but I'm getting a lot of the soccer, equestrian and tennis. Honestly, I don't really care about the tennis. I want to discover new athletes. So far, other than the American judo lady who won bronze, it's been disappointing. Where's Mariel Zagunis? How am I missing the women's indoor volleyball? I'd like to see the hot shot table tennis player. Oh well, there's always next year for the Olympics. Oh, wait. Anyway, I finally sold an ebook. Thanks to whoever bought them. Even if you don't read them, I appreciate the support. To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long to get anyone to fork out $2.99. Quite the eye-opener, I must admit. Football practice began so I guess that officially means my summer slow season is over. It's hot as hell out there, by the way. Thanks to everyone for their birthday thoughts on Facebook. I tried to hit the "like" button to all of them but, for some reason, I think I messed it up. So, if you said something nice and didn't get a "like" hit on it, I meant to. What else? Oh, I'm not going to waste a lot of time talking about Penn State. I just thought it was eerie how fans were actually worshipping the Joe Paterno statue. It looked like a scene from the Bible. Glad that thing was taken down. Penn State is lucky the NCAA handed out its punishment and not me. Talked to former El Dorado quarterback Taylor Reed at practice yesterday. He said a couple Arkansas freshman receivers might have to play right away since the suspensions and/or dismissals. He also told me Byran Jones is looking studly on the defensive line. Working on a new book, as if anyone actually cared. I'm liking it so far, although I'm currently at a hard spot I'm trying to work through. Look for it on Smashwords or Barnes & Noble in the not-too-distant future. No title, yet.

1 comment:

  1. don't be upset that i haven't bought one of your ebooks. I read all of them "back in the day." Can I get them downloaded to my kindle? If so, I may buy the one about Rose or your first one. Both are excellent reads, as are the others, Tony.

    ReplyDelete