Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PC? Wow!

Wow!
That's about all I can say after watching Parkers Chapel rip through Norphlet 54-37 Tuesday night. The Lady Trojans went up 54-24 with 5:11 left to play to trigger the mercy rule.
I didn't see that coming. No one else did, either, including PC coach Mark Young. The giddy Young could hardly contain himself when I talked to him afterward.
Obviously, the Lady Leopards did not play as well as they had hoped. Coach Justin Welch said the flu bug has been a factor. But, the black plague wouldn't explain a 30-point beatdown at home with first place in conference on the line.
Norphlet didn't look good. But, PC looked awesome.
I've only seen the Lady Trojans three or four times this season because of the inferior competition. But, their twosome of Savanna Langston and Jordan Carr never stops impressing me. Langston scored 22 points with 18 rebounds, five blocks and four assists. Carr scored 21 points with four steals and three assists. When those two girls come to play, they can dominate most Class 2A schools. More importantly on Tuesday, other Lady Trojans were trying to play with them.
I don't know how far PC can go in state. With two players doing the bulk of the scoring and rebounding and ball handling, I still have my doubts. But, what I saw Tuesday has me excited.
I hope the Lady Leopards can get their act together and start clicking by the postseason. Barring an injury, I'm not going to even question the Lady Trojans.
They're the only team to make me say "wow!" this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment