Monday, January 24, 2011

Good golly, Miss Molly

An interesting thing happened on my visit to the doctor last week. I went in for my annual checkup and told the doctor about a pain in my foot. He chastised me for telling him at the last minute then sent me to get it x-rayed.
Low and behold, who did I find waiting for me in the x-ray room? Molly Belin.
Actually, I guess it's Molly Taylor, now. But, she'll always been Molly Belin, Union's all-time 3-point bomber, to me.
Anyway, we exchanged pleasantries. Then she told me to strip naked. I said, "Good Golly, Miss Molly, it's my foot!"
I'm joking.
But, she put my foot on the table with me sitting up. She instructed me to sit my foot flat while tilting my knee in some awkward direction. She proceeded to take three x-rays all from angles that were physically painful.
The fact that she thought my pain was funny leaves me suspicious.
Anyway, the x-ray revealed a spur in my heel. She explained what could be done, showed me exactly what it looked like and all that.
All in all, I was impressed with Miss Molly. I think I pulled a muscle and I'm walking with a new limp, but she seemed to know what she was doing. Maybe that's how it works, I went in complaining about a pain in my heel and walked out with a pain in my knee.
I'm joking. Well, not really.
But, it's nice to see people I watched grow up advance into hard-working professionals. It makes me feel old and happy. To think, they closed Union down because the kids weren't getting a quality education.
It worked just fine for Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment