Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Area girls choose colleges


Two Union County girls committed verbally Wednesday to sign Division I basketball letters of intent. El Dorado's Kanedria Andrews agreed to accept a scholarship offer from Louisiana Tech. Parkers Chapel's Savanna Langston said yes to a scholarship from UA-Little Rock.

Andrews, a 5-9 guard, averaged 6.4 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.3 steals for El Dorado, which advanced to the Class 6A state semifinals.

Langston, a 6-2 post, averaged 16.7 points, 12 rebounds and 5.2 blocked shots, leading the Lady Trojans to the Class 3A state semifinals.

Langston also had offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, South Alabama and Ouachita Baptist. She was also being recruited by Tulane and Rice.

Rice had Langston at number five on its list while Tulane had her as its third best player.

"They called me about a week ago and told me I really wasn't on the top of their list," she said. "I was really looking at Tulane, and Rice, too. I was really interested in them and they told me I wasn't on top of their list and they'd call me if anything changed."

Langston and Andrews both said they were happy with their decisions. Both plan to sign in November.

2 comments:

  1. Now we have two sites that you don't post on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been busy with football tab stuff, thank you very much. I intend to post as often as I can. Be patient. I'm sure Shakespeare didn't crank out a story every day.

    ReplyDelete