Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Help me out here

I'm confused.
Okay, the quarterback at Florida State, DeAndre Johnson, was kicked off the football team for hitting a female. I get that part. Men are physically stronger and larger and are supposed to be protectors of women. Punching a woman in the face is a criminal offense.
But, but, but, but.
The video shows the woman in this case as the aggressor. She balls up her fist, which he grabs and holds. She then tries to knee him in the groin and finally swings at him with her other hand.
Then, he punched her.
I'm not saying he should've punched her. But, I understand.
My confusion isn't what he did to deserve getting kicked off the football team. I don't understand how she gets away as if she's done nothing wrong.
Two wrongs don't make a right and they damn sure don't when only one of the wrongs is punished.
There are clear-cut consequences for any man who hits a woman. Why are there no repercussions for a female who instigates a fight with a male? Hey, I believe in equal rights for women. I've covered girls sports just the same as boys sports in our local paper for more than 20 years. But, if any woman walks up to me and punches me in the face, I guess I'm going to jail.
If you've got enough testosterone in your body to swing a fist. You should have enough to duck when a fist comes swinging back at you.
To be clear, I'm not advocating violence against women. If a woman hits me and I hit her back, I'm going to jail. I understand that part. But, she should be sitting there with me. I hate to sound like a 5-year-old but, "She started it."

No comments:

Post a Comment