Sunday, February 9, 2014

What did you say?

I really love how white folks love to tell black folks how to act. An Oklahoma State basketball player fell into the stands Saturday at Texas Tech. A local Red Raider fan was yelling something at the player as he lay on the floor. The player heard the man, jumped to his feet and verbally confronted the gentleman. He then shoved the fan in the chest before being separated. The player was issued a technical foul but was not ejected by the officials. No one knows what the fan said to the young black man. But, all of the talking heads on ESPN have been quick to lay blame at the young man's feet. ESPN has made it clear. It doesn't matter what the fan said to the kid, he was not justified. It must be easy to sit back and tell someone else how they should feel when you have no idea how they feel. As a black man I can tell you, there are a couple things that, if said to me at the right time, would make me jump knee deep into somebody's ass. I don't know if the kid was just in shoving the fan. To me, it depends on what the fan said. But, to say no matter what he said, the kid was automatically in the wrong ... I'm not good with that. If that's a black man's opinion, I can discuss it with them. White guys? Don't tell a black man what he should be offended by. Trust me, there are some things that, if said to me at the right time, will get your ass kicked. Some people don't understand that and they never, ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment