Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gut Check Picks - the second week

My debut of Gut Check picks was more like a sucker punch to my gut. I went 6-4 in the Camden News Pigskin Picks and my other prognostications weren't much better. I guess this proves you really should do some research before predicting the outcomes of football games. Let's try it again. In local high school, I have El Dorado over LR Central; Fairview over Warren; Magnolia over Hamburg; Harmony Grove over Arkansas Baptist; Junction City over Bearden and Fordyce over Monticello. In college: Arkansas over Rutgers; Florida over Tennessee; LSU over Auburn; Stanford over Arizona State and Arkansas State over Memphis. Just for fun, Harvard and Philip Hay opens its season at San Diego. San Diego has played twice, although is a 38-35 win over Western New Mexico really a game? Who knows? I'll pick San Diego. In the NFL: Oakland over Denver; Philly over KC; Green Bay over Cincinnati; Dallas over St. Louis; San Diego over Tennessee; Minnesota over Cleveland; New England over Tampa Bay; New Orleans over Arizona; Detroit over Washington; Carolina over NY Giants; Houston over Baltimore; Atlanta over Miami; Buffalo over NY Jets; San Francisco over Indy; Seattle over Jacksonville and Chicago over Pittsburgh. *** Oh and the WNBA Playoffs are finally here. The Sky over the Fever and the Dream over the Mystics in the East. In the West, I'll take the Sparks over the Mercury and the Lynx over the Storm. I'll buy a Diet Dr. Pepper to anyone who knows the city of these teams without looking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment