Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My opinion has changed

After my last blog, I got a call from El Dorado football coach Scott Reed. Reed said when he learned what time the girls were playing, he moved up football practice to 3 p.m. and shortened it to 4:45 p.m.
"Any of my kids that wanted to go were excused from practice," said Reed. "And, we shortened practice so they could get to the game for the second half. One of my kids had a sister playing and he wanted to go. Any of my kids that wanted to go to the soccer match were excused. I try to support all of our teams."
I was initially disappointed when Coach Reed told me football practice would be at 4 p.m. on Monday. I'm happy to hear that he changed the schedule so his athletes would have the opportunity to support the girls soccer team.
The coach was disappointed in me for not getting his side of the story before I wrote anything. He's probably correct. I should have asked if he was doing anything different in light of the soccer team being at home playing in the semifinals. Obviously, I would never put anything in the newspaper without checking both sides but ... a personal blog and Facebook page are different, or so I thought.
Still, what I write here is my opinion. My opinion is allowed to change. My opinion has changed.
I think it's great that Coach Reed and the football staff changed their schedule so their players could support the soccer team. I think it was the right thing to do and I'm sorry I didn't have all the facts when I wrote my last blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment