Saturday, December 18, 2010

Norphlet. PC go old school

I watched Norphlet's girls play at Parkers Chapel on Friday and it took me back a few years. I haven't seen two local girls teams play an intense, meaningful basketball game since the days of Union and Strong.
I liked it.
I really liked walking into the gym having no idea who was going to win.
I liked watching the really good players up their games.
PC's Savanna Langston was a beast with 25 points and 24 rebounds (by my count). She also blocked four shots.
Did I mention she did all this while in foul trouble for much of the game?
Of course, pretty much every girl was in foul trouble. Langston's teammate Jordan Carr had three fouls in the first half and four midway in the third. She finished with 22 points and was blur in the fourth quarter.
Norphlet's Kyia Williams played with a determination that I liked. She led her team before fouling out in the fourth. Twins Jalisha and Kalisha Willis are the real deal.
This is going to be a great series to watch this season. These two teams are head and shoulders above the rest in the conference.
I can't wait until they hook it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment